The NYT has a fun page that lets you pick the Obama cabinet and compare your choices with those of others. I had a good laugh over some of the names that were within the top 20 for various positions, including the following, which would make for some freakishly awesome cabinet meetings:
- Defense: Arnold Schwarzenegger (18th)
- State: Noam Chomsky (16th)
- Homeland Security: Ron Paul (8th)
- Attorney General: John Edwards (8th) or Eliot Spitzer (14th)
- Treasury: Ralph Nader (17th)
I think I can say with confidence that none of these individuals are actually in consideration for these positions. The #1 choices are Robert Gates, Bill Richardson, Richard Clarke, Janet Napolitano and Paul Volcker, as of this writing.